Kaplan Turbine Trainer
KAPLAN TURBINE TRAINER
- The unit is used to investigate the characteristic behavior of a simple-regulated Kaplan turbine during operation.
- The trainer is provided with a closed water circuit with tank, submersible pump and throttle valve tbr adjusting the flow rate.
- The angle of attack of the rotor, and thus the power output of the turbine, is changed by adjusting the guide vanes.
- The turbine is loaded with a wear-free eddy current brake.
- The speed is captured by means of an inductive, non-contact position sensor at the turbine shaft.
- For determining the turbine power, the eddy current brake is equipped with a force sensor for torque measurement.
- The pressures at the inlet and outlet of the turbine, the temperature and the flow rate are recorded with sensors.
- The recorded measured values are displayed digitally and processed further in a PC.
- The PC is used to calculate the power output data of complete with all required accessories.
- The examined turbine and to represent them in characteristic curves.
- output: about 1000 W
- speed: about 3700 min-1
- distributor 8 guide vanes,
- 4 blades,
- Adjustable: -15 deg....45 deg. rotor
- fixed external : 120 mm,
- internal : 60 mm,
- pitch: 80 mm
Pump with motor
- flow rate: about 250m3/h
- pump head: about 10m
- nominal power: about 3 kW
- Software for data acquisition and PC with Windows 230V, 60Hz, 3
- Complete with all required accessories.