The Hydraulic Bench is of volumetric type and has been designed to provide continuous and controlled supply of water to conduct various experiments using auxiliary modules in typical Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Laboratory. The unit is an ideal service unit for conducting student projects. Once filled, no external water supply is required. Water is recycled between the Experiment Module, Measuring Tank and the Storage Tank by the Centrifugal Pump. Several experiments in Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics require continuous and controlled supply of water. The Basic Hydraulic Bench provides a controlled recirculation water supply to conduct experiments.
The Basic Hydraulic Bench is a very important module and is recommended for all Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Laboratories in Educational Institutions. It is a basic module for flow related experiments using auxiliary modules.
2. Flow over Weirs
3. Bernoulli Theorem Demonstration
4. Orifice Discharge
5. Energy Loss in Bends
6. Osborne Reynolds Demonstration
7. Energy Loss in Pipes
8. Hydrostatic Pressure
9. Flow Visualization in Channels
10. Dead Weight Calibrator
11. Metacentric Height
12. Series & Parallel Pumps
13. Centrifugal Pump Characteristics
14. Free and Forced Vortices
15. Water Hammer
16. Pelton Turbine
17. Orifice & Free Jet Flow
18. Flow Meter Demonstration
19. Cavitations Phenomenon Demonstration
20. Laminar Flow Demonstration
21. Radial Flow Turbine
22. Venturi, Bernouli and Cavitation
23. Pipe Friction Apparatus
24. Equipment for the Study of Porous Beds in Venturi Tubes
25. Flow Channel 1m Length
26. Depression Measurement System (Vacuum Gauge)
27. Axial Flow Turbine
28. Pump Impeller Display Panel
- Self contained and fully portable mobile unit with welded frame.
- Light weight body made of reinforced fiber glass and corrosion resistant materials.
- Closed water circuit consisting of Measuring Tank, Storage Tank and the Centrifugal Pump.
- Control valve to regulate the pump and adjust the flow rate.
- Work space on Bench Top has integrated flow channel for flow measurements using
- Weirs and is fitted with stepped edge to ensure safe and easy mounting of experiment modules.
- 6. Suitable pipe connectors are provided in the Bench Top to enable easy change of experiment modules.
- Graduated and stepped Measuring Tank for both low and high volume flow rates. Level Indicators for water level are provided in the Open Channel and Measuring Tank.
- Variable area Flow Meter (10-75 liters per minute) is also provided to measure flow rate independently.
- Stilling baffles are provided to reduce turbulence.
- Sight tube with scale provided to indicate instantaneous water level.
- Bulls eye level is provided to ensure proper position of the Bench and accurate reading of levels.
- Remote Actuator provided to operate the Dump Valve at the base of Measuring Tank
- Over Flow provided in Measuring Tank to avoid flooding.
- Separate Storage Tank Outlet facility provided to enable the Bench to be used in any hydraulic circuit.
- Push button starter provided for the centrifugal pump.
- Power supply includes over-load and under-voltage protection.
Factory: 70, Edutek House, Main Road Vikaspuri, Industrial Area, Ambala Cantt, Haryana, 133006, India