Fluidisation & Fluid Bed Heat Transfer
FLUIDISATION & FLUID BED HEAT TRANSFER UNIT
- Fluid Bed Heat Transfer Unit designed to provide visual and quantitative results related to the flow of air through both a packed and fluidized bed of granular material.
- Measurement of air flow and pressure drop through a variety of granular materials, as packed and as fluidized beds.
- Investigation of the effect of distributor design on bed behavior.
- Investigation of the effect of Superficial velocity, Depth of immersion , Particle size on the surface heat transfer coefficient for a hot surface in a fluidized bed.
- Demonstration of separation by particle size and density.
- A suitable compressor.
- Electronic Control to adjust the heater power input.
- Digital Wattmeter to indicate the heater power input.
- Range 0 to 1000W (Heater power nominally 400W) Flow Meters to measure air flow through bed.
- Digital Thermometer to indicate the temperatures of heater surface, air inlet and probe. Manometer to measure pressure drop through bed.
- 220-240 Volts, Single Phase, 60Hz
- Unit complete with all required accessories.